5 Reasons to Support Term Limits in Montgomery County
By Dan McHugh
Rockville: “Our Term Limits proposal this November will end the tax increase specialist careers of Leggett, Floreen, Elrich, Leventhal and Berliner – the fondly named Foul Five!” – Robin Ficker
This statement was released after the County Council voted 9-0 to raise our property taxes 8.7% for the next fiscal year. Here are the top Five Reasons that the Foul Five needs to be knocked out of Rockville this November in the form of Term Limits!
- 8.7% Property Tax Increase for FY 2017
- Increased Recordation Tax will affect purchases and sales of homes in Montgomery County
- Ignored will of the people in Bethesda over Westbard Sector Plan
- In 2013 the Council voted themselves a 17 percent pay raise
- Raised property taxes for the schools that are getting rid of high school final exams next year in addition to lowering grading standards
All of these actions are a result of one-party rule, which is what we have in Montgomery County.
This November, let’s fight for change and knock these five tax increase specialists out of office.