By Sharon L. Cohen
In March of this year, we learned of an alleged rape of a 14-year-old freshman student at Rockville High School. The alleged details of that rape were appalling. The fact that the two arrested and charged with the alleged crime were illegal aliens, one reportedly being at least 18 years of age and enrolled in the 9th grade, was appalling.
On Friday, May 5th, the rape charges were dropped and instead it appears that the two males in this case may be charged with something related to child pornography. Allegedly, the two males may have shared cell phone pictures of something torrid but related to the March “incident.”
We the citizens of Montgomery County would like some answers about this “incident.” [I am not sure what to call it now other than an “incident.”]. More importantly, what is happening in our public schools?
Think about this:
- A horrible alleged rape during school hours – appalling.
- Alleged cell/text pictures or something related to the “incident” – appalling.
- An allegation that the 14 year old “consented” – appalling.
- Illegal alien men enrolled in the 9th grade – appalling.
- Sex between students during school hours in a bathroom – appalling.
- School Board Superintendent’s comments to parents after the incident – appalling.
- Lack of clear information being provided to citizens on this matter – appalling.
Another appalling incident was reported last week involving two students from Albert Einstein High School in Kensington Maryland. An 18-year-old student (who turned 19 a few days after the incident) in possession of a stolen car and two weapons was arrested after appearing on school grounds. The weapons turned out to be a police-issued assault-styled rifle and a shotgun, both of which allegedly were stolen from an unmarked police car. A 15-year-old student from the same high school was also arrested in connection with this incident. News reports have since confirmed the older of the two was an illegal alien with a prior record AND an ICE detainer. Thankfully that individual was picked up and is now being held by ICE after MoCo originally released him on a mere $2K bond amount.
Last November, following the election of Donald Trump as our 45th President, students at several MCPS high schools walked out in protest with virtually no consequences. Around the same time, a 15-year-old student at Richard Montgomery High School, wearing a hat that said “Make America Great Again,” was brutally beaten on schools grounds.
Furthermore, MCGOP Chairman Dick Jurgena has testified to the School Board on several occasions that some school officials have turned a blind eye to bullying and harassment incidents aimed at conservative and Republican students at local area high schools.
And don’t get me started about the ramped use of illegal drugs and alcohol among MCPS high school students OR the cancellation of final exams and other gimmicks to make school rankings look better.
Have I said appalling yet?
We need to turn MCPS around with new leadership. If you believe there should be consequences for inappropriate behavior at school, if you believe school bullying and harassment policies MUST also protect conservative and Republican students just like any other minority, if you want grading to be based on what students actually have learned, if you want access to gifted and talented programs to be based on merit, if you believe in fiscal responsibility with regard to MCPS spending, and if you want students to be safe in our public schools, PLEASE consider running for the MCPS School Board in 2018.
It is time for a new direction.