Mr. DeCain has served as officer and counsel to four corporations. He has been a member of the Montgomery County Republican Central Committee (MCGOP) since 2007 and has served as MCGOP's General Counsel and Parliamentarian for approximately 10 years. Mr. DeCain has also worked as a MCGOP Precinct Chairman for nearly 25 years.
Mr. DeCain's US Government service includes the following positions:
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Political Military Affairs, US Department of State
- Deputy Assistant Director for Non-Proliferation Policy, US Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
- Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for International Technology
- Director of the Office of Military Critical Technologies Programs
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for the Export Administration
- Member of the US State Department Defense Trade Advisory Group
Mr. DeCain has served as a consultant to the US Department of Energy on nuclear transfers and safeguards. Additionally, he has lead or participated in trade and arms negotiations with over 40 countries, including: Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, COCOM and others.
Mr. DeCain has a BS, JD and LLM and is a graduate of the Army Intelligence School, serving as Special Agent, Army Counter Intelligence Corps. He has Top Secret as well as Code Word an Nuclear clearances.
Mr. DeCain is admitted to practice in DC, NY State and before the US District Courts, US Circuit Court of Appeals and US Supreme Court.