2016 MCGOP Congressional and Senatorial Debates Rules and Guidelines Date: Thursday, January 7, 2016 Location: Holiday [...]
2016 MCGOP Congressional and Senatorial Debates Rules and Guidelines
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2016
Location: Holiday Inn, Gaithersburg, Maryland
6:30 – 7:20 will be social hour for candidates to interact with attendees
Brian Griffiths, RedMaryland.com
Kat O’Connor, MCGOP
Panelists will be (will filter questions that are submitted)
Montgomery County GOP will be sponsoring three debates
• 01-7-2016 – Debate for Congressional District 6
• 02-4-2016 – Debate for Congressional District 8
• 03-03-2016 – MD US Senate Candidates
Debate schedule will be 7:30 – 9:00 pm for all three debates
1. All candidates are reminded to be respectful of one another. Candidates engaging in a
disrespectful manner towards other candidates will be ejected from the debate by a moderator.
2. All candidates will make a 3 minute opening statement and a 2 minute closing statement.
3. Questions will be submitted by debate attendees and panelists. Those watching online can
submit questions via Twitter @GOPMontgomery #CD6Debate.
4. The time spent answering a question will be no longer than 2 minutes and candidate(s) will
each have 1 minute for rebuttal.
5. Candidates will not ask questions of other candidates. All questions will come from the
audience and via Twitter.
6. Debate will be broadcast live via Periscope and will be available on YouTube.
7. Only candidates who have filed to run in CD 6 will be invited to participate.
Montgomery County Republican Central Committee 15833 Crabbs Branch Way | Rockville | Maryland 20855
phone 301.417.9256 www.mcgop.com
BY AUTHORITY OF THE MCGOP, MARK UNCAPHER, TREASURER
(Thursday) 6:30 pm - 9:30 am