Coming Civil War?
Coming Civil War Part I
Recently fellow conservative, Kurt Schlichter posted an article in Townhall asking the question, “Are we looking at another Civil War?”
Before laying out the myriad of reasons, he observes that, “while the chance of civil conflict is low, violence is not only possible but it has repeatedly been used by the left as a means of making political change in America”. He then spells out the long synopsis of the evidence that the left clearly remains open to using violence to achieve its goals.
I have to agree that the “chance of civil conflict is low” but if one looks at the extended reactions of the Left to Donald Trump’s election, up to and including the left’s more recent hysteria concerning the Supreme Court decision on Roe v. Wade, one has to ask “how can we not have a civil war”.
Let’s looks at the signs:
The left is increasingly resorting to violence whenever they lose on the political battlefield;
- Burning, looting, tearing down statues after George Floyd incident)
- Vandalizing and firebombing 23 Pro-life organizations after the Dobbs decision.
The Left’s relentless demands to change the election system when they lose;
- They immediately propose new and novel ways of electing public officials (jungle primaries, ranked choice voting, more allegedly “non-partisan” ballots;
- Democrats’ abandonment of bipartisan election oversight
- Constant push by Democrats to cancel, shutdown or even incarcerate their opponents
- The Democrats’ toleration and promotion of vilence against their opponents.
The only thing keeping American from devolving into civil war is the refusal of conservatives to emulate the violence of the ANTIFA cells and the BLM organizers across the county.
We, then, have to ask what will it take to release the bottled-up rage of the Right? We have to assume tolerance of injustice and oppression is not infinite. The drafters of the Declaration of Independence were clear on that….”It is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government and to provide new Guards for their future security….”
The question is, can we pull out of the long decline of America at the hands of corrupt, incompetent, and terminally foolish ruling elite that controls our major institutions without bloodshed?
William Richbourg is a Member of the Montgomery County Republican Central Committee