Gaithersburg Labor Day Parade
Join Governor Hogan
MCGOP - Our Candidates
And Robin Ficker
in the Gaithersburg Labor Day Parade
Sign up here to march with the Governor: Click Here
The Governor, MCGOP, Robin Ficker (our nominee for County Executive), and Tony Campbell (our nominee for the US Senate) are each marching in the parade separately. For more information about Governor Hogan's segment in the parade contact Stephen McGee. For more information about MCGOP's segment in the parade contact Josephine Wang. For more information about the Ficker parade segment contact Robin Ficker. For more information about the Campbell segment of the parade contact Tony Campbell's Campaign.
9:00 am Street Closures begin, please consider taking the shuttle buses from Lake Forrest Mall Commuter Lot (note: the buses make a return loop at the end of the parade). Make sure you board the correct color bus for your parade segment.
10:30 am volunteers and candidates, please arrive no later as last shuttle bus leaves at 10:45 from Lake Forrest Mall Communter Lot
- Hogan Segment -- For those volunteers and candidates marching with the Governor's segment in the parade (number 3A slot in the Red Zone), take the Red Zone shuttle bus to: to the Gaithersburg Elementary School, near the corner of East Diamond Ave and South Summit Ave.
- MCGOP Segment -- For those volunteers and candidates marching with MCGOP's segment in the parade, we recommend taking the Blue Zone shuttle bus to Gaithersburg Middle School and it is a short walk to the East Diamond Ave. meet up spot from there. MCGOP is number 32 in the Blue Zone in the parade.
- Ficker Segment -- For those volunteers marching with Robin Ficker's segment in the parade, we recommend taking the Yellow Zone shuttle bus to Gaithersburg Middle School and then it is a short walk to the East Diamond Ave meet up spot at the Girard Business Center behind the Diamond Deli. The Ficker segment is number 59 in the Yellow Zone.
1:00 pm Parade Starts (takes about 1.5 - 2 hours to complete - ends at Asbury Home near Lake Forest Mall)
- Wear patriotic colored clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Be prepared to walk 2-mile long parade route, bring water.
- All MCGOP candidates for office welcome to participate with the MCGOP segment of the parade.
- If walking with the Governor's segment, candidates and volunteers are asked to wear a Hogan T-shirt rather than T-shirts for other campaigns.
- Volunteers needed to carry signs.
At the end of the parade, shuttle busses pick up marchers at the corner of Odendhal and Russell Avenues with a drop off back at Lake Forrest Mall.