To prepare for a three-month closure of the Rockville and Shady Grove Metro stations, starting in September, bus stops at Rockville will be moved this month.
The station closures will happen from Sept. 11 to Dec. 4 to allow for upgrades at the Rockville station.
Free shuttles will be available for Red Line riders between the Shady Grove and Twinbrook Metro stations.
At Rockville, crews will replace a concrete canopy, put in new LED skylights, upgrade speakers and digital screens, and make other changes.
Vehicles parked in marked construction zones could be towed. A driver whose car is towed can call Metro Transit Police at 202-962-2121.
The West Kiss & Ride Lot at Rockville will be closed for five months, starting Monday. Bus stop T8 for Ride On Flex will move to the Kiss & Ride lot on Monday.
Then, starting Aug. 16, eleven other bus stations at the Rockville station will be relocated.
The following stations will move to the Kiss and Ride Lot on the west side of the Rockville station as of Aug. 16:
- Ride On Flex – bus stop T8
- Route 44 to Twinbrook – bus stop T2
- Route 46 to Medical Center/Montgomery College-Rockville – bus stop T1
- Route 47 to Bethesda – bus stop T5
- Route 54 to Lakeforest Transit Center – bus stop T4
- Route 55 to Germantown Transit Center – bus stop T6
- Route 56 to Lakeforest Transit Center – bus stop T5
- Route 63 to Shady Grove – bus stop T4
- Route 81 to White Flint – bus stop T2
- Route 101 to Medical Center – bus stop T1
- Route 101 to Lakeforest Transit Center – bus stop G